Reduce your fire risk by reducing combustible vegetation around your property.
Be Ready for Chippers by Friday, 3 July 2020
Sign up now for free chipping during the Summer Fire Safe Community Cleanup and Chipping Event.
Please position your materials for chipping by, Friday, 3 July 2020.
The SLO County Fire Safe Council contracted crews, with support from Cambria Fire Safe Working Group, CSD Fire Department, and Cambria Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) will conduct a chipping of your registered and tagged brush piles.
This is a free event for Cambria Residents to help make your home and community safer.
Please email information below to CambriaCERT@gmail.com by 3 July:
- Your Name:
- Chipping pile address if different:
Alternatively, you can call 1-805-900-5152 and we (CERT) will take your information or you can leave a call-back number.
Pick up your pre-cut flagging tape no later than 3 July at the front door of the Cambria Fire Department at 2850 Burton Drive. (805) 927-6240. Registered residents will receive an email when tape ready.
- Materials must be less than 5 inches in diameter and no longer than 7 feet.
- Chipping pile must be marked with red flagging tape (available for free at the Fire Station) and placed on your property near road by 3 July. This will allow time for route planning before chipping starts on 6 July.
- Only limbs and like material may be chipped. No grass, leaves, pine needles, sawed lumber or building materials.
- Chipped material will be collected in a transport for removal
- If your pile for chipping is larger than a Small SUV then please contact us ahead of time.
- Sorry, we cannot schedule a precise time for arrival.
SIGN UP for 2020 FireSafe Community Cleanup and Chipping Event