Called to order at 3:00 PM with John Rickwald, Janet Arthur, Lonny Rollins, Claryce Knupp, Craig Ufferheide, Lori Mozden, Virginia Miyamoto and guests Joe Guzzardi (County OES) and Jorge Rodriguez (County OES) in attendance.
Approval of Minutes
- Approved by unanimous consent with one correction
- Under announcements – Craig set up the course in Cambria, will be May 15 & 16
Announcements / Involvements
- John did a seminar in Atascadero at the Agricultural Hall which was open to the public. There were 20 people in attendance.
- The next basic CERT class will be at Lake Nacimiento
- Craig announced there will be a 1-day HAM class on April 20, in the Sheriff’s auditorium
- On April 10 Claryce is going to a Santa Barbara CERT group. If you would like to announce anything at that meeting, email it to Claryce
- Claryce will also be doing the state CERT conference coming up May 29
- Jorge announced that March 25-29 is Tsunami preparedness
- Received an email asking about the next training in Pismo
- New CERT programs: There are two new CERT programs in place (South county CERT and Lake Nacimiento CERT). North County CERT needs further discussion.
- DSW-V – Joe Guzzardi discussed the difference between liability and workmen’s comp. There was a discussion where Joe explained the way
the county works, DSW/liability.
- Joe explained the difference between Disaster Service Workers and CERT and answered questions.
- If someone that graduated from CERT wants to help at the emergency evac center, etc., they must first be sworn in as disaster service workers and work under the corresponding authority. They can
only work if they are activated and services are requested.
- Lonny clarified SLO Regional CERT goals and program.
- Joe isn’t sure that there is a county ordinance and will look into any county ordinance and authorities.
- Trainer’s kickoff meeting – tabled to next meeting
- Previous month’s action items – tabled to next meeting
- Because of the discussion made available by today’s guests, all other items were tabled to the next meeting