Meeting started at 2:31
Special Guest Suu-Va Tai, who is the Director of Disaster Volunteering and Preparedness for the State of Califirnia spoke to the group about the future of CERT. He covered topics and had a Q&A afterward.
- The governor has allocated 50 million toward preparedness campaign. 10 million for the CERT
program. All grant funding is reimbursement based. Next grant info will come out early next
- Development of a national CERT. This will enable sharing with other states, leverage from other
states, national conferences, etc. The National Association is to work with FEMA.
- There will be two voted in members of each CERT region. Each region will have a FEMA person
sitting on it. There will be a Newsletter, information sharing, forums, etc. Charter will be signed
- Upcoming changes at the FEMA level. A CERT program will need a Sponsoring agency, program
manager, and volunteer coordinators. In CA going to have 16 TTT, 8 program manager programs
and will be scheduled within the next year.
- Suu-Va discussed Liability. When you hold training, you could be liable. Train and release liable
during the class. There should always be at least 2 instructors in every class.
- Crowd control module. There is no TTT for these classes.
- Program manager – needs a name
- Exercise in mutual aid
- Training Materials – free training materials available.
- They are considering On-line training and will be doing a piolet program and evaluate.
- Regional CERT officers – Claryce Knupper, Janet Arthur, John Rickwald, Lori Mozden, Virginia Miyamoto, Bob Nuemann, Craig Ufferheid
- Guests – John Spooner, Stephani Ponti, Bob Putney, Roy Dugger, Randy Harris, Jorge, Rodriguez