FEMA has announced their K0428 Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Train-the-Trainer Virtual Deliveries for 2022. Please see the attached flyer for more info. There are 7 deliveries scheduled:
- January 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20 (12-4pm eastern daily)
- February 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 (1-5pm eastern daily)
- March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 (12-4pm eastern daily)
- April 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14 (1-5pm eastern daily)
- June 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16 (1-5pm daily)
- July 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21 (1-5pm daily)
- September 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 (12-4pm daily)
Each course offering meets 3 days per week for 4 hours for 2 consecutive weeks. Students must attend all sessions of their delivery. All class times are Eastern Time (ET).
This course prepares participants to deliver the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) CERT Basic Training course.
The course will be delivered in a virtual environment, completely online via Adobe Connect. Familiarize yourself with Adobe Connect meeting room basics. Students will use course link to enter as guests. No Adobe Connect account or download of Adobe will be required.
Participants in this course must have:
- A referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency, typically a local, regional, or state government agency.
- If you are not a first responder, the CERT Basic Training is required.
- For current first responders, IS-317: Introduction to CERT, will familiarize you with the CERT Program.
No cost. Students must have a FEMA Student Identification number (SID), computer with microphone, speaker, webcam, and stable access to the internet. Visit FEMA SID to obtain a SID.
Prospective students should apply through the Emergency Management lnstitute’s online admissions system at https://training.fema.gov/netc_online_admissions.
In California, you will need to enter the information for the State Training Officer in your online application. The State Training Officer is Kelly Rogers: 916-826-8117, Kelly.Rogers@caloes.ca.gov