No-cost CERT training
No need to travel to Maryland for these classes. The SLO Regional CERT has convinced the program to come hold a class here. Don’t miss out!
This advanced training event will take place the last week of November at Camp San Luis and is open to anyone who would like to help with the administration of their local CERT team (take the Program Manager course) or for someone who has already taken the CERT basic training course and would like to train others (take the Train-the-Trainer course). It is highly recommended that you take both courses if you plan to provide training.
The purpose of this 2-day course is to teach a CERT member how to effectively manage a CERT program.
- Promoting the local program
- Setting a program vision
- Working with volunteers
- Procuring and managing resources
- Training and exercises
- Developing program plans
- Policies and procedures
- Program evaluation
- Keeping your program going
The purpose of this 3-day course is to produce competent instructors for the CERT Basic Training course.
An effective CERT instructor:
- Delivers the CERT Basic Training course accurately and conveys the message and intent of the CERT Program
- Assures that participants achieve the objectives
- Delivers training effectively and at an appropriate level
- Creates and manages a comfortable learning environment
These classes fill up fast!
Classes are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, starting November 26th with an hour for lunch and several short breaks. The Program Manager course is the first two days and the Train-the-Trainer course is the final three. A follow-up email to those who signed up will include further details.